Privacy Statement for IsraelEilat.com
We have a firm commitment to your privacy and data transparency at israeleilat.com.
This page discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for israeleilat.com. It also includes information regarding the processing of privacy information as stated in the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of May 25, 2018.
Lawful Basis for Processing Personal Data
We store some personal data in three cases:
When consent is given by users
When processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, such as the basic functionality of our site and services
When processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, such as storing payment records for our supporters and subscribers
Personal Data We Process
At israeleilat.com, we process some personal data. Below is a description of what, how, and why we gather and store user data.
For all users who visit our website, we store:
- Web server log: IP address, pages visited by that IP address, link clicked to get here, browser name and version, and time stamp
- Third parties collect similar information; see “Third-Party Privacy Policies” below
For all users who actively make changes to site settings, we store:
Setting preferences, which are not personally identifiable, i.e., the cookies are stored in the browser and not on our servers.
For users who sign in to their personal user account, we also store:
- Your email address (will not be sold nor distributed to any third party unrelated to israeleilat.com)
- Your password (hashed)
- Your chosen username, if any
- List of log-ins (stored for up to 90 days)
- Log of changes you made to your account (stored for up to 90 days)
- Events added in PDF lists
For newsletter subscribers, we store:
- Email address, IP address, and time of sign-up
- Newsletters received and opened
- Additional parameters may be stored by MailChimp, who we use to send our newsletter; see “Third-Party Privacy Policies” below
For ubscribers, in addition to the above-mentioned data, we also store:
- Email address, if different than the one registered for the user account
IP Address and Cookies
Short-lived cookies die when you close the browser. Most long-lived cookies are stored for 10 years (1 year in the EU), to ensure your settings are not lost even if you visit the site infrequently, e.g., such as once a year. All cookies are stored in your browser, so your settings are lost when the cookies are deleted. You can avoid losing your settings by registering a free user account.
When creating an account, you agree to our terms and conditions.
Servers and Content Distribution
Our servers are located in the USA, Germany, Singapore, Australia, and Norway. We also rely on third parties to host our services and our infrastructure, and to distribute our content, such as the newsletter.
We take regular backups of our servers. Older backups are stored offline and are only used to recover data after a server crash or other incidents.
We have security measures in place. We will never ask for sensitive information. In the GDPR, “sensitive information” is defined as: “personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.”
This site contains links to other sites. israeleilat.com is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of the linked websites.
We use SurveyMonkey for online surveys. We may ask for your contact information, such as your email address. This information is used to contact you if necessary.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit israeleilat.com. These companies may use aggregated information about your visits to this and other websites to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
Third-Party Privacy Policies
- We facilitate logging in and sharing via social media accounts
- Google's use of advertising cookies enables it and its partners to serve ads to our users based on their visit to our sites and/or other websites
- Users may opt out of personalized advertising by visiting YourAdChoices or our privacy settings page
Right to Receive Information
As of May 25, 2018, the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides every user the right to receive a copy of the information we have stored about them. You may download a copy of your personal data on our privacy settings page.
Deleting Stored Data
Users have the right to have personal information deleted upon request. You can delete your user account via the button at the bottom of your account page.
If you have sent us emails, and you want to delete them, please send an email to email@example.com.
Contacting the Website
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this website, or your dealings with this website, please contact: